Becoming a Member of Our Navy Memorial Team
The purpose of this National initiative is to archive and preserve the stories of our Nation’s Veterans, Active Duty Personnel, Civilian Government Employees, and Family Members of Veterans to ensure that their stories are remembered by present and future generations. Many schools throughout the Nation assign students to conduct an oral history of a family member or loved one and report on their findings. This program takes that a step further by ensuring that the stories of our Nation’s past are preserved forever.
Why become a member of this National Initiative?
- To preserve, honor and archive the stories of our Nation's Active Duty Personnel, Veterans, and members of their families.
- To preserve the stories of our Nation's past for future generations.
- To document and record stories that may not have been archived before.
- Once approved, participating schools will receive the following after submitting the registration form:
- A complete handbook of interview procedures, guidelines, tips, and more.
- A signed charter from the Admiral.
- Signed certificates of participation and letter of recommendation after student(s) complete five interviews. Additional honors will be given to schools that continue to interview, archive, and edit after they completed five Veteran stories.
- Recognition on the Navy Memorial website.
- Every interview submitted that meets the specifications will be posted on the Navy Memorial website and recognition will be given to the Veteran and the school that conducted the interview.
- Annual student interviewer and contest awards:
- At the end of each school year a contest will be held to name the most outstanding interview. United States Navy Memorial staff and Veteran panel will judge the interviews that were submitted throughout the specified time and vote on the most outstanding interview. The winner of the contest will receive a certificate, a highlighted story on the Navy Memorial website and other recognition awards.
If you are interested in joining this effort please complete the registration form and submit the registration to the Program Director, M. Fash at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your welcome information and registration form.
Thank you for your interest in joining our effort to preserve our Nation’s history